21 September 2010

On the Trail of Emirikol the Chaotic

This picture -- Emirikol the Chaotic, by the incomparable Dave Trampier -- is perhaps my favourite picture from any AD&D book. It made an incredible impression on me as a young lad, one that has stayed with me for nearly thirty years now.

Over at Bat in the Attic, Robert Conley has tracked down the real world cityscape depicted in this picture (the Street of Knights in Rhodes). He also has traced the likely route of Emirikol.

Very cool!

2 comments:

  1. You need to repost the original picture too. It is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture gave me chills when I was a kid. It still kind of does, actually.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a Canadian political philosopher who lives primarily in Toronto but teaches in Milwaukee (sometimes in person, sometimes online).